Webocean.ca ("Webocean") is committed to protecting your online privacy
About uploading and posting information on the Webocean Website
Always use caution when you post such information.
What information do we collect?
Information Provided by You
You may provide us with certain personally identifiable information when you:
- register for a Webocean account
- order products or gift certificates
- request customer support or send us any other communication
- sign up for newsletters, email alerts, and special offers
- set up a Designer, Partner, or Citizen account
- enter sweepstakes or contests
- sign up for, or redeem, special offers
- respond to surveys
- use our Email-to-a-Friend or Refer-A-Friend features
- approve your child's request to open a Webocean account in accordance with The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA).
Such information may include your name, email address, billing address, shipping address, and credit card number. You may also provide us with information about other people, such as their email addresses, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Webocean Website or our promotions.
Information Collected by Cookies
That token is then linked to the user information in our secured databases. You can always reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to display a message when a cookie is being sent. If you reset your browser, some of the Webocean Website features and functionality may not be available to you.
Information Collected by Web Beacons and Log Files
Webocean collects certain non-personally identifiable information using web beacons and log files. Such information may include your IP address, browser type, site usage, and whether you opened emails you received from us.
How do we secure your information?
When you place orders or access your account information, we use commercially reasonable and generally accepted technological safeguards to secure any information we collect about you. The secure server software (SSL) we use encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, your Webocean account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You should always take steps to protect the confidentiality of the password you select.
How do we use information?
We use the personally identifiable information you provide to:
provide notices about the results of sweepstakes, contest, and other promotions.
- provide the features and functionality of the Webocean Website
- fulfill your requests for our products and services
- pay royalties and referral fees
- communicate with you about the status of your orders and other inquiries about our products and services
We use your email address to communicate with you about your account and to send you certain notification emails. You can change the frequency of those emails in your Webocean account settings.
We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send marketing messages without your consent. Similarly, if you email a product to a friend or refer a friend to the Webocean Website or our promotions, we will use your friend's email to send them the e-mail you requested. You and your friend's e-mail addresses will only be used for this purpose unless permission is otherwise granted.
We use non-personally identifiable information to monitor the use and performance of the Webocean Website so that we can learn more about how people use the Webocean Website and improve our products and services.
Does Webocean disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
Generally, Webocean does not share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies without your consent except that:
Webocean provides information to its agents and trusted service providers and contractors for limited purposes, such as:
- fulfilling customer orders and processing credit card transactions
- offering certain products and services
- communicating with customers
- providing customer service
- managing information on our behalf
- enhancing the Webocean Website features and functionality.
If you sign up for a promotion (e.g., a contest or sweepstakes offer) or enroll in a service we offer in partnership with a third party, we may provide information (such as your name, email address, and account activity) to such third parties.
From time-to-time, Webocean may provide its contributors with the first name and city/state/country of residence of Webocean customers who have purchased such contributor's products.
Webocean may also release information (including your name, addresses, telephone number, and account activity) when we, in our sole discretion believe that such release is necessary or appropriate to:
- comply with law
- comply with subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government investigations, or other legal process
- enforce or apply the terms of any of our user or license agreements
- investigate or respond to allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other unlawful activity
- investigate fraud or similar claims
- protect the rights, property or safety of Webocean, or our users.
In the event that Webocean is acquired by, or merged with, another company Webocean reserves the right to transfer all information we have collected from our users in connection with such acquisition or merger.
Webocean may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third parties in aggregate form to potential business partners and investors.
Contact Us, and sending an email relating to Parental Notification. Alternatively, you may contact the Webocean Privacy Representative by phone, email, or letter at:
49 harbourside Drive
L1N 0H5, Whitby, ON
How can I change, delete, or update my information?
Most of your account information can be changed in the My Account section of the Webocean Website. If you have any questions about what information is stored or would like to obtain a copy of such information, please contact us at support@Webocean.ca. After receiving proof of your identity, we will provide the information to you, and you may request that we delete or change any or all of the information.